IN THIS EPISODE:
“Why does my back hurt?” You are not alone in asking this question. I have experienced a lot of back pain and have had many kinds of treatment. In this episode, I want to talk to you about why we have back pain and what kinds of treatment really work. If you or someone you love has back pain, or if you simply want to prevent back problems from happening, you will want to listen to this episode and find out what steps to take toward healing.
Do you have back pain even though you haven’t had a specific injury? While injuries certainly can cause a lot of back pain, there are a number of other causes as well. In this episode, I’ll talk about reasons why your back hurts that you may or may not be aware of. If you listen, you will probably identify which factors may be contributing to your back problems. And then I will tell you what you can do to treat those problems, as well as how to prevent them if you are not already experiencing back pain.
Standard medical treatments for back pain usually start with opioid drugs that are addictive. These drugs don’t address the cause and have so many negative effects. I don’t believe that is a good place to start. In this episode, I will tell you about many alternative treatments that really work, and why you should always try them before agreeing to standard treatments. If you do need surgery, there are some things you need to know and ask about first. Listen to this episode to learn more and start caring for your back.
Would you like to prevent back problems from happening? I know I would. And in this episode, I will describe some things that you can do to keep your back healthy and strong. From what you eat to how you move, and more - so many things contribute to a healthy back. Listen in to find out how to lower your risk of ever having to ask, “Why does my back hurt?”
Do you want pain relief without relying on opioid drugs? Many supplements and homeopathic remedies can help. In this episode, I’ll tell you about my favorites, and how to use them. Instead of heading to the pharmacy, try using some of these natural relievers of pain and inflammation. Your body will thank you. I’m so glad I get to share with you what I have learned from years of experience. I hope you find this podcast really helpful!
Outline Of This Great Episode
- [2:00] Intro to this episode about back pain.
- [4:45] Explanation of spine physiology and common areas for back pain.
- [9:55] Definitions of problems you can have with your back.
- [17:42] Why does my back hurt?
- [22:47] Standard medical treatments for back pain.
- [28:32] Break and thank-yous.
- [29:35] A quick list of alternative treatments for back pain.
- [31:01] When are massage and rolfing good choices for treating back pain?
- [32:55] Prolotherapy changed my life.
- [36:21] How chiropractic treatments contribute to back health.
- [37:59] How Korean acupuncture worked for me.
- [39:47] Physical therapy benefits for back pain.
- [40:47] What stretching, yoga, and pilates do for back health.
- [43:04] Supplements and oils that help with back pain.
- [45:55] A tens unit helps relieve back pain.
- [46:40] Homeopathic remedies for back pain.
Resources Mentioned On This Episode
- Pain, Pain, Go Away (affiliate link)
- Upper Cervical Chiropractic Unlocks the Body's Power and Health, with Dr. Twong, Episode 29
- Do-it-yourself Joint Pain Relief