JESSICA ORTNER is the NY Times bestselling author of “The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss and Body Confidence” and producer of The Tapping Solution, the breakthrough documentary film on EFT tapping. She has led more than 5,000 women through her revolutionary Weight Loss and Body Confidence online program, and she is also the host of The Tapping World Summit, an annual online event that has attracted more than 1,000,000 attendees from around the world.
Her brother Nicolas Ortner is the producer of that summit and also a very big name in the Tapping World. He is the CEO of their company called The Tapping Solution. They both have a mission to bring into the mainstream a simple, effective, natural healing method known as Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or “Tapping.” Tapping is a healing modality that combines ancient Chinese acupressure and modern psychology. Their goal is to empower people to create healthy, abundant and stress-free lives through their books, films, CDs, online events and speaking engagements attended by participants from all over the world.
Nick is the New York Times bestselling author of “The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living,” and “The Tapping Solution for Pain Relief: A Step-by-Step Guide to Reducing and Eliminating Chronic Pain.” Prior to that, Nick created and produced the breakthrough documentary film “The Tapping Solution,” which follows ten people who used tapping to overcome significant challenges, including chronic back pain, fibromyalgia, insomnia, devastating grief and more. Nick’s books and film document real and extraordinary results that have inspired tens of thousands to follow suit by successfully applying tapping to their lives.
Nick has also produced first-of-their-kind online programs that teach easy, effective ways to apply tapping to anything limiting a person’s life or health. Some noteworthy examples are The “Tapping World Summit,” a free, annual worldwide online event that has been attended by over 1,000,000 people and Nick’s popular seven-week EFT coaching programs, which cover common issues such as financial abundance, weight loss and more.
Nick and Jessica and the Tapping Solution team are committed to spreading Tapping throughout the world, and particularly to supporting its revolutionary and life-changing usage. They’ve raised over $1,000,000 for tapping-related charities such as Project Light, which aids genocide orphans in Rwanda, Africa, The Veterans Stress Project, supporting veterans with PTSD, You Can Thrive! a New York organization providing services for women with cancer, and The Tapping Solution Foundation that Nick started in 2013 to support the community of Newtown, CT after the tragic shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Jessica has been interviewing experts in the personal development field since 2007, having conducted over more than 200 broadcast interviews to date.
Connect With Today’s guest: JESSICA ORTNER
The Tapping Solution Website
IN THIS EPISODE:
Are you happy and healthy, and enjoying your life? Are you full of energy? Or are you stressed out and sick and tired of being sick and tired? No matter where you are on your journey to optimal health, today’s show can help you. Today we are going to introduce a technique called Tapping, also known as the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). My guest, Jessica Ortner, will explain how Tapping works, and how it can make a difference in any area where you are struggling, from chronic pain to changing your thinking about money!
What is Tapping? How can it help with my physical and emotional issues? Tapping is a combination of ancient Chinese acupressure and modern psychology. In this episode, Jessica Ortner teaches us basic Tapping techniques and even guides us through a sample session. She talks about the science behind Tapping and how it works, and explains how Tapping affects your brain and its response to stressors. If you have chronic issues that you would like to see resolved, you definitely want to listen to today’s podcast!
Tapping uses nine acupressure points on your upper body, combined with speaking out loud about whatever stressor you are addressing. In this episode, Jessica Ortner explains where these points are and how to tap them. In the sample Tapping session, she guides us through the kind of things we need to say as we tap. Tapping is an amazing technique to help release pent-up emotions and negative thoughts that affect our bodies and keep us from being healthy. Listen to this episode and learn one more tool that will help you on the road to optimal health!
While Tapping, we make statements about whatever pain or issue is troubling us. Some may wonder what the difference is between tapping and just venting our problems. In this episode, Jessica Ortner talks about how Tapping actually creates a calming signal to your brain and lets out your frustration instead of magnifying it the way that just venting does. Listen to this podcast to learn about how to work with your brain to get yourself calm and allow your body to do its healing work that your high stress has been preventing up until now.
Can Tapping help me with my anger problem? What about weight loss? Will it help my chronic back pain? Does Tapping have any impact on financial success? The answer to all of these questions is, yes. In this episode, Jessica Ortner explains how tapping can affect every area of our lives because of the way that it works on relieving stress and releasing our negative beliefs. It might sound too good to be true, but listen to this episode and find out why it does really work.
Outline Of This Great Episode
- [2:00] Introduction: No matter where you are, this show can help you.
- [9:45] Introduction of Jessica Ortner
- [13:19] What is Tapping?
- [20:38] What about people who don’t have any idea about the emotion that may be behind their pain?
- [23:44] The nine acupressure points used for Tapping.
- [27:48] Why you should use Tapping.
- [36:44] Walk-through of a sample Tapping experience.
- [42:30] What is the difference between Tapping and venting?
- [44:09] Pain relief through Tapping.
- [45:35] How acupressure points relate to brain function.
- [50:12] How our bodies react to stress.
- [52:32] Break and product promotions - 100% Pure cosmetics
- [55:44] What conditions is tapping successful for?
- [57:51] How tapping relates to other issues, like financial success.
- [5:19] Do people get better just for the day, or does the pain go away completely?
- [1:08:42] How often should people tap?
- [1:10:29] What to do if you get anxious while in public?
- [1:11:56] Should I start with a practitioner or begin my myself at home?
- [1:13:58] Tapping for weight loss and stress reduction.
- [1:16:34] How Jessica’s family got into tapping.
- [1:18:57] Three tips for those starting out.
- [1:20:44] Vidal’s concluding remarks. Go to Jessica’s website to learn the points.
Resources Mentioned On This Episode
- Book: The Tapping Solution for Pain Relief by Nick Ortner (Affiliate link)
- Book: The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss and Body Confidence by Jessica Ortner (Affiliate link)
- Book: The Genie in Your Genes by Dr. Dawson Church (Affiliate link)
- The Tapping Solution Website
- The Tapping Solution Documentary film
- Jessica Ortner on Facebook
- Jessica Ortner on Twitter
- Jessica Ortner on Instagram
- Science behind tapping