Dr. Halter has the unique talent of making current complex environmental issues accessible and compelling to any audience. He believes that human beings are exquisite problem solvers: that for every issue there are at least 3 solutions. His passion to protect our planet is contagious.
Dr. Halter has studied nature for 4 decades. He holds a PhD in ecostress sub-alpine eucalypt physiology. He lives in Los Angeles, California … make that Hollywood, CA now and is active in the community with children and schools. He enjoys quiet walks on the beach with his beloved labrador buddy Nieo, who was named after a beautiful Hawaiian tree Reese worked on.
Connect With Today’s guest: DR. REESE HALTER
IN THIS EPISODE:
I’m eager to bring you the important information about climate change that is in this second half of my conversation with Dr. Reese Halter. His work is so important because it tells the real story behind the destruction of our environment, but more importantly, he tells us specific ways that each of us as individuals can help turn things around.
The devastation that we human beings have caused and continue to cause to our planet is inexcusable now that we’re able to see the effects our actions are having. The outrageous thing is that even with the knowledge we have huge companies that make pesticides and other harmful chemicals continue to do the things that are destroying our planet. On this episode, you’re going to learn about the damage these things are causing and why it’s endangering our own survival.
The climate change that we’re seeing is caused by the things we’re doing to live an easier life as human beings - but we’re doing so oblivious to the many other species of plants, animals, and insects that share the earth with us. It's that oversight that is killing us. Dr. Reese Halter shares the results of his years of study into these issues on this episode of the podcast and I encourage you to hear the truth he has to share with an open mind.
When the damage to our planet from our own actions is as massive as it is, it’s easy to feel that you can’t do anything to turn back the tide. But that’s simply not true. Every little thing you or I are able to do will make a difference. And when enough of us do those little things, BIG changes can happen in a relatively short amount of time.
Find out how you can join with me, Dr. Reese Halter, and thousands of others to turn back the effects of climate change on our planet through simple, everyday decisions that will stop the abuse and begin the healing. It’s all on this episode of the Vidal Speaks podcast so please - PLEASE take the time to learn about these important issues.
Outline Of This Great Episode
- [1:59] My introduction to this Thanksgiving edition of the podcast with Dr. Reese Halter.
- [8:52] Greenhouse gasses and how they are impacting our planet.
- [14:37] The impact of deforestation.
- [15:42] Why things must change to save our own survival.
- [20:35] The dangers of dirty water on the food supply.
- [24:24] The role of nitrogen and other things on the destruction of the oceans.
- [27:36] What is the one thing each of us can do to have a positive impact?
- [36:31] The powerful and important role bees play in the planet’s ecology.
- [43:55] The beginning of the bee population of the world dying.
- [46:26] What IS bee colony collapse?
- [49:29] Why honey is no longer pure in most cases.
- [53:14] How bees are being trained to detect cancer and other conditions.
- [54:37] The reasons trees are declining and won’t regrow.
- [1:01:35] The most important things you can do to help save the planet.
- [1:04:43] My summary and encouragement about what YOU can do to take action.
Resources Mentioned On This Episode
- Link to learn how trees are the lungs of our planet - https://www.organicgardener.com.au/articles/fighting-our-forests
- Video how trees are now releasing mercury to all of us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs3Q3fFg-SQ&app=desktop
- Link of his podcast after election - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9GMOl_XGI&app=desktop
- BOOK: The Incomparable HoneyBee (affiliate link)