Barry Kapp is the founder of Wisdom of the Earth; an accomplished healer/ practitioner, he consults clients (humans & animals) on aromatherapy. In this episode, Barry talks about the essential oils we get from trees and how they help heal our minds, spirits, and bodies. Listen in to this very interesting conversation as Barry and I talk about essential oils and what they can do for you in every aspect of your life.
Barry Kapp is the founder of Wisdom of the Earth; an accomplished healer/ practitioner, he consults clients (humans & animals) on aromatherapy. His wife, Cynthia Olivera is a certified medicinal aromatherapist and a movement/ yoga instructor. They do transformational body work, utilizing oils and their intuitive gifts, to help their clients.
Barry Kapp has studied aromatherapy in Turkey, France & Israel & shares his learning in seminars & through his own Medicinal Aromatherapy practice. Barry’s mentors have included the Trees and Plants, Kurt Schnaubelt, PhD., Daniel Penoel, MD, Dr., Pierre Franchomme, PhD., Malte Hozzel, PhD., and Claude LaPraz, MD. Barry has completed extensive training in many physical modalities and integrates them with the Essences in his consultations. Barry has studied and practiced herbology for 35 years, guided by a father who was a self-taught herbalist, prospering health-wise for 85+ years. Formerly a dairy and cash crop farmer, Barry used herbology to treat his animals, and they, in turn, taught him many truths about all beings’ true connection to Mother Earth.
Connect With Today’s guest: Barry Kapp
IN THIS EPISODE:
Today’s guest, Barry Kapp, believes that the trees love being able to share their essence to heal humans and other species, and this is the foundation of medicinal aromatherapy. In this episode, Barry talks about the essential oils we get from trees and how they help heal our minds, spirits, and bodies. Listen in to this very interesting conversation as Barry and I talk about essential oils and what they can do for you in every aspect of your life.
Barry’s journey into medicinal aromatherapy and essential oils began in his childhood. In today’s episode he tells his story of being raised by parents who self-taught herbal medicine, how he went from farming to aromatherapy, and many of the things he has learned in a lifetime of communing with the trees. He has such a fascinating story - I know you’ll want to hear it.
Pure essential oils have an effect on us spiritually, emotionally, and physically. In this episode, Barry Kapp explains these connections, and talks with me about several specific oils and what they do, as well as the connection between what part of the tree the oil is from and what conditions it can heal. Whether you have a problem with anger, simply want a more healthy deodorant, or are facing a serious illness like cancer, medicinal aromatherapy and essential oils can help. Listen to my conversation with Barry Kapp to find out how.
What if you have an aversion to an essence? Does that mean you should avoid it? Barry Kapp has a clear answer to that question in this episode, and tells me what a person with an aversion needs to do in order to clear it and get the benefit of the oil. If there are oils you simply can’t tolerate, listen to this episode and find out what that means and what you can do about it so that you get the full benefits of medicinal aromatherapy.
There are so many different essential oils. It can sometimes be overwhelming. If you want to start using essential oils and medicinal aromatherapy, where do you begin? I asked this question in today’s episode, and Barry Kapp told me the six oils that he recommends to start with, and why. Listen in to find out how to get started and where you can easily purchase these pure essential oils.
Outline Of This Great Episode
- [4:22] Intro to today’s guest, Barry Kapp.
- [7:00] How Barry got started on the journey of aromatherapy and essential oils.
- [12:18] What is the definition of Medicinal aromatherapy?
- [23:19] Why do trees make such powerful medicine?
- [29:28] Trees: The grandmother guardians of the earth.
- [33:50] Is there a danger to the trees because of the environment being so toxic?
- [37:18] Break, thank you’s, announcements about the podcast.
- [39:25] Is there a concern for the trees because of destructive tree farming practices?
- [42:06] The physical, emotional, and spiritual healing properties of Sandalwood, Jasmine, and Eucalyptus.
- [51:34] Frankincense - a powerhouse of healing.
- [58:29] Is there an essence that helps get rid of negative energy from another person?
- [1:01:55] Uses of vetiver oil.
- [1:04:34] What if a person has an aversion to an essence?
- [1:08:53] What oils are the best for a person who is just getting started?
- [1:12:27] How to connect with Barry Kapp.
- [1:15:43] A few last thoughts from Barry.
Resources Mentioned On This Episode
- Ty Bollinger – Truth about Cancer website
- Book: Wisdom of the Earth - Medicinal Grade Plant & Tree Essences for Phyto-Aromatherapy - Essential Essences (Oils) - Book & Reference Guide (Affiliate link)
- Book: The Wisdom of the Earth Speaks the Truth about Aromatherapy (Affiliate link)
- Book: Voices of Light and Voices of Love (Affiliate link)